Welcome to our latest Moneta Super newsletter. We publish newsletters when we have something interesting to tell but normally no more frequently than monthly.
In this newsletter we have some technical updates that could be of interest, some information about our website and staff activities. And finally, a couple of interesting articles by our resident scribe, Chris Heyworth.
We hope you enjoy the newsletter and feel free to give us any feedback about it.
In this section we intend to bring to notice changes to SMSFs that trustees should know or simply may be useful. The amount of information will vary from lots to nothing at all but please keep a check on it. Many of the matters may be simple in concept but, invariably, will be complex in implementation. Before making any changes to your SMSF you really should discuss it with Moneta Super experts or your financial adviser.
- Transfer Balance Cap (TBC) is indexed to $1.7m with effect 1 July 2021. Ashok has advised that this is a very complex arrangement so please discuss it with an expert before implementing.
Events and News:
- All Moneta Super staff and owners recently completed an extensive program in Estate Planning conducted by Townsend Lawyers (Sydney). Family Succession is a very important, but rarely considered, capability of SMSFs so we, at Moneta Super, are ensuring we can provide useful assistance in this area.
- We have been working on our website to make it more useful and interesting for our Trustees and also for the general public.
- A new page for customer Reviews is added under the “About Moneta Super”. Please visit that page and leave a Review.
We invite you all to visit the website and to make suggestions how we might continue to improve it – content, style etc.
Chris Heywoth has prepared some articles that will be of some use to trustees and fund members…
- What do SMSFs and Nursery Rhymes have in common? Perhaps more than you think…Read more here
- What happens with the active trustee of a SMSF become incapacitated? The fund must be administered and all members are trustees and carry the responsibiltiy for effective management. Chris Heyworth has some salient comments on this topic here.
Moneta Super is a privately owned and independent Self Managed Superannuation Fund administration service and located in Camberwell, Victoria. Information about its owners can be read here. It is independent in that it has no form of ownership, sponsorship or other arrangements with other businesses or organizations. It has no contractual arrangements with other individuals, companies or other organizations that can limit its independence.
Moneta Super does not have an Australian Financial Services Licence and therefore it cannot advise on the suitability of SMSFs for customers nor can it advise on the suitability of any strategies that might be beneficial for trustees and members. However, it can inform trustees about strategies that may be possible but stresses that trustees should seek the advice of a properly qualified and licenced Financial Planner beforeo making any decisions of this nature.
We have not considered any personal objectives and any information in our newsletters should be considered as general advice and not personal advice. Further, any information should not be solely relied-upon for decisions; consulations should be had with properly qualified and licenced advisers.
Copyright © 2021 Moneta Super Pty Ltd, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.
Our mailing address is:
Moneta Super Pty Ltd
PO BOX 1014
CAMBERWELL, VIC 3124
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.